Monday, September 8, 2008

More working on brakes

So, took the Explorer in today, they ended up swapping the master cylinder as well. Now the brakes work well on the Explorer. Tomorrow I go pick up some fresh drum shoes to finish the job off.

My neighbor across the street often comes across to see what new project I'm working on. Yesterday he stopped over and watched us on the front brakes for a bit. I guess it inspired him, and this evening he knocked on my door asking if I'd be willing to help him if he ran into trouble changing his front disk pads. I could tell by the look on his face that he'd started out thinking this was a great idea, and then got home and wondered what he'd gotten himself into.

So I had him pull his Impala into the driveway, and I walked him through the process. The front disk pads on the Impala (it's a 2001) are insanely easy to replace and we had him off and running (and stopping) in 30 minutes.

On the web site side of the house I published a greatly improved version of the Jensen Healey Parts Catalog Database. You can find it here. I also made some parts for sale pages for various extra parts I've got laying about.

Cheers!
Jody