Friday, September 12, 2008

The end of brake work for a while....

This evening I changed out the last drum brake on the 1993 Explorer. My neighbor stopped by and watched / suervised. it's always the case that the second time is easier than the first time. I managed to keep in my head all the stupid tricks in regards to the drum brake installation. While the wheel was off I ut in a new shock absorber as well. Again, it was a lessons learned and remembered from the previous installation the other day.

I finished the project up by adding new shocks to the front of the vehicle. This generation Explorer has the shocks next to the springs (rather than inside them) so replacing the front shocks is a no brainer process. Remove the top nut, remove the lower bolt, wiggle out of position. Then installation is the reverse.

So, tomorrow the explorer will go home and it's back to working on the Jensen Healey (that is after I complete the "honey do" list and rebuild the weed whacker.