Saturday, March 8, 2008

Starting the Healey effort and getting into the garage

Based on efforts to start collecting Austin Healey literature for my BT7 I figured it was a big enough effort to start documenting the Austin Healey project. Project preparation is just as important as wrench turning, and I'd say that without the proper reading ahead of time you can easily jeapordize the success of your project or greatly extend the time it takes to do the restoration. I added two new pages to the site, Project Overview and Literature research. I'm really excited about this project. The Healey is one of my "Holy Grail Cars" and it will be the first full restoration documentation on the website.

Additionally, I went out this morning to do the periodic starting of my "driveable" Jensen Healey (the blue one). I needed to make sure that the battery was still charged (it was). Today SWMBO is off at work, and my junior greasemonkey is visiting with Grandma, so, leg permitting, I should have a good day out in the garage. It's pretty overcast here today (which normally is a rarity in AZ, but this "winter" it's been the norm). Hopefully we won't get any rain. I think we might as the joints are being my weather forcast this morning.