Saturday, March 15, 2008

Ramblings

So, today is a car day without really being a car day. I have a wedding to attend this afternoon and hae been given the directive to not allow myself or my junior greasemonkey to get dirty before the wedding.

So, we're running minor car related errands and hopefully getting my articles on car detailing done. I really wanted to go to the pavillions car show today, but well, so it goes. As I was running around early this morning I was listening to an old Harry Nilsson album. I'm always struck by how amazing he was. I still have going through my head, "You've got to have soul, to wash your sins way...."

One of the sideline items that I really get a charge out of is ensuring that I have the popular music of the time the car was originally on the road. Or better yet, finding those amazing albums of the time that may not have been popular, and are less likely to even be remembered.

When cruising around in my '74 Jensen Healey I love to listen to the Harry Nilsson albums Nilsson Schmilsson and The Point!. Additionally, when it's time for driving fast I really enjoy Joe Jackson's Jumpin' Jive. (and, yes, I know it was released in 1981, but I can imagine many other Jensen Healey drivers listening to it when it came out)

Happy Motoring! It's a beautiful day for driving in Arizona.
Jody