Saturday, July 11, 2009

Post from the Road: Pensacola, FL

So, I wasn't really intending to post anything while I was off on vacation. The basic idea was to turn off the computers all together and have a "non-digital" holiday. This morning, however, I had to take a moment for this "vehicle"



Yes folks, that's right, this beauty is a "Schort bus" tow truck rig. Note the faux exhaust pipes sticking out around the "hood." So, as far as I can tell it's a shorter school bus that's had most of it's body chopped away to create a cab. The front end has been "uglitized" and the rear end is a tow truck. What I'm not entirely sure of is whether the frame and engine are from the school bus, or are from somwhere else...



On an additional side note, I was cruising down Pensacola Blvd in our rental car (a Chevy Aveo) which has been dubbed the "Brave Little Toaster." It's a gutless wonder with a wonky transmission, but it does go from point A to point B. During my little cruise I ended up traveling alongside a blue (possible metallic blue) Studebaker GT Hawk. So, if anyone knows this car/drive, say howdy for me.

If I run across any other gems on the road I'll let y'all know!

Cheers!
Jody