Sunday, July 26, 2009

Another day in the garage

So, now that I'm showered and hopped up on Tylenol I'm feeling better. Spent another day out working in the heat and pooped myself out. That being said, I managed to get the rear brake assembly reinstalled on the Studebaker, cleaned the garage, and helped my friend Steve prep his Jaguar for a prospective buyer.










Last night I couldn't sleep, so spent some time with my latest automotive book acquisitions:



The Cobra in the Barn is Tom Cotter's first book on various barn find stories he's accumulated over the years. For anyone who's found a car in a similar situation, it'll be a walk down memory lane of your own find. For those who've never had such a find, it's proof that these sorts of things do occur, and you just have to keep looking!


The second book The Hemi in the Barn is the first book's sequel. While I'd known of (and read bits of the first) I was happily suprised to learn he'd written a second book. This one was awash with great stories of finds. He also indicated in the book that there will likely be a third to follow. I can't wait.


Finally, on the off chance that anyone's looking for some Jaguars or a Jensen Healey, my friend Steve has a couple Jags, and one JH for sale. My particular favorite is the grey market XJS with the manual transmission, but there's a few nice options to choose from.

Cheers!
Jody