Sunday, June 7, 2009

New Article and weekend efforts

For starters, I published a new article on the Frame-Off restoration process. It's about dealing with the Front End Accessories under the hood.

In addition I spent some timeout in the garage this weekend. In part it was working on the Studebaker brakes (I'd forgotten how much of a pain removing rear drums are) and in other part experimenting with mating up my pressurized sandblaster with my media cabinet. I'll report on how well that goes.

As for everything else, It's getting hot here in Arizona, which means garage time gets curtailed a bit when the heat is up. That being said, once I get the brakes done on the Studebaker it'll be time to move on to rebuilding the differential / rear brake assemblies on the Jensen Healey and rebuilting the Master Cylinder and Carburetor on Mum's Spitfire. as with all projects, look for articles on these written once the work is completed.

Cheers!
Jody