Saturday, October 18, 2008

Weekend fun!

So the wife and daughter are off at girl scout camp and I have the place to myself. I went ahead and ordered the gear necesary to redo the gas tank on the Studebaker. That should arrive during the week for next weekend.

In the meantime I stopped off at Delta Motorsports today to get new door panels / skins for the Jensen Healey project. I also picked up some extra vinyl to be able to finish up the center console restoration. It requires some sewing, so my mum should be stopping by tomorrow to give me a refresher course on using the sewing machine. So far today I stripped off the old door panel parts, refreshed the reusable bits, and am starting reassembly. Right now the glue is drying on the aluminum top sills. I'm taking plenty of photos as I go, so expect to see some new Jensen Healey restoration articles in the near future!

Well, back to gluing and cutting.