Tuesday, October 14, 2008

1960 Austin Healey 3000 BT7 restoration update

Spent additional time on the Healey. Sunday afternoon and Monday night I removed all the surface electrics (lights/lamps) from the Austin Healey. I'm mid-restoration on this step. At this stage I've removed everything, have inventoried what's usable, and have put together a list of the items that I will have
to replace.

Here is the blow by blow photogallery of the Austin Healey lighting disassembly. For the novice restorer, this is the type of photo documentation you want to create when doing any disassembly or reassembly work. I actually shot more photos than this, but it gets a little too redundant for the casual viewer.

As I move through this process, refresh the parts I'm retaining, and acquire the new parts I need, I will further document this and conclude with a full article.

Cheers!
Jody