Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Jensen Healey 5-speed rearend update

So, I've done a bunch more work on the rear end for the Jensen Healey. This will be turning into a full article once I'm done. In the meantime, here's some good teaser photos:




I love before and after type photos. These are the upper suspension arms. They've been removed, the bushings have been removed, and one has been sandblasted.




Here you can see all of the major rear end parts (short of the differential itself) cleaned up and sandblasted.



A little later you'll see it all with the first coat of POR-15.







And this giant mess of fiddly bits is the rear brake assemblies completely pulled apart, sandblasted and ready for paint.

Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to finish sandblasting the primary differential assembly. Then I'll be able to tear into it and keep going. This project is a good example of what you can do with only an hour of time a day!

Cheers!
Jody