Saturday, January 10, 2009

De-Rednecking the yard

So, between Christmas and the baby the front yard was looking a little worse for wear. My junior greasemonkey and I put away (or so I thought) the car tools in lieu of the yard tools. I was in the process of pulling the cars out of the driveway only to learn that the Jensen Healey wouldn't start. Turns out that the fuel pump on that car died between the last time I'd driven it and today.

After a bit of pushing to get it moved and 1/2 of a day cleaning the yard we determined that I did have a spare fuel pump in the garage. 20 minutes later the JH was running again (yay for no more car pushing).

The day was capped with a bike ride with my daughter. She's just learned how to ride and we've been going in longer and longer trips through the neighborhood. It turns out this is a vry dangerous thing to do, but not in the way you might think. While we were driving around I found an old Triumph Spitfire, a 30's panel wagon, a 70's Chevelle, a VW Beetle and a 70's Corvette. At this rate bike riding will keep me in new car projects for the next couple decades!