Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Garage archaeology

So, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I've squirreled away so much crap that I'm sending half my time on the internet researching bits to identify them. This is mainly because I've got so many parts here, that I have no idea what 1/2 of them were/are for.

Now, as much as I've been happy Ebaying all the bits I don't need, I have to say that it's a lot more work than I anticipated, and if you try to short cut the effort you get bit in the bum. I found that out this week when i realized I underestimated the boxed weight of some of the auctioned car parts. When you do that, but have already been paid, it just cuts into the profit that you may or may not have made.

On the plus side, the parts are going somewhere that they'll be used, and I'm getting cash to spend on the parts that I actually need. :) Now, I just wish that the parts I'm selling were already gone, because I have absolutely NO space to work out there right now.

But, at least I get to look at the Austin Healey 3000, and the '53 Champion.